a christmas mantel

Hey y’all + happy Friday!

This is a bit of a quickie post today, as I’m about to go on a gigantic cleaning spazout binge to get ready for our rockin’ partay, but I wanted to show you a little sneak peek of what we’ve been up to this week.

I decided to mix it up this year, and go with peacock hues for our christmas color scheme…more on that later. I also wanted to winterize the area, from this summer’s mirror catastrophe, though I’m pretty sure that little mirror will be making a comeback at some point or another. I’ve grown to love it.

Despite being sick, we had fun making this barn door, and I’ll try to share a how-to next week.

Why yes, I did stick a chalkboard in front of our fireplace for a makeshift screen. ‘Tis the season for whatever works. The little star draped over the front, is one of the first gifts I ever gave Jamin as an inside joke, when we were “just friends” who liked to kiss and it blows my mind that it was 13 years ago. So, it has a bit of sentimental value. And symbolic, as well. It also blows my mind that the thing is still working. ;}

In other news, this guy is back. The kids couldn’t wait to whisper hiding place ideas to him first thing this morning. Even if we did have to point him out after they ate breakfast. I won’t lie.

He still creeps me out.

Here’s to hoping you have a restful, wonderful weekend. Stay tuned for our Week of Giving, starting on Monday! We are super excited and honored to have such amazing participants with this, and we think you will be, too!!!

Updated: linkng up to these parties!
Holiday

[pinit]

This entry was posted in sneak peek and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

[pinit]

25 Responses to a christmas mantel

1. Janice says:

Very nice!

2. Kathy says:

Looks very nice.

3. I love the wood piece above the mantel!!!! Looks GREAT! Thanks for doing the giveaway for me…..it went great! Let me know the winner’s info when you get it, so I can ship it off.

4. laura says:

I love the barn door for year round. I may get creative soon, thanks for sharing!

5. Amanda says:

When is the next keys to the kingdom? I so look forward to them!

6. Shandra says:

His eyes are sort of giving off an eerie glow in that picture. I don’t blame you for being creeped out! Any doll that can get red-eye in pictures is a little creepy!

7. Catherine says:

I usually am a red girl for everything. But I love blue Christmas decorations the best! This is very pretty.

8. Love the hanging star and the initials over the stockings!

9. Shalan says:

I really have to get a framed chalkboard.

10. Karah says:

Love your stocking holders! Did you make them? The mantel looks beautiful as always!

11. Nicki says:

Very Pretty! Love the stocking holders. Would love to know how you made them. :)

12. Dorothy says:

It looks great. I hope you have a wonderful party. We had a similar elf. He was kind of eery. And he’d always fall off wherever he was perched without any provocation. Everyone was scared of him. Iiiiieeewww.

13. gina toothe says:

I just love your mantel and all the decorations and chalkboard. What a beautiful focal point to your room. Merry Christmas to you ;)

14. Don’t you just hate being sick? I’ve been all week and it is such a drag, but I told myself, push on…do those projects this weekend…get the tree up. I love how you are using the peacock hue…can’t wait to see more. It’s one of my favorite colors of the moment…painting a lot of furniture with it.

15. René says:

Blue and green are my favorite colors together any time of year. Your mantel is perfect!

16. Kara says:

I went with a similar color combo, so I love, love your mantel. The barn door is amazing. Hope you’re feeling better.

17. i don’t know why, but there’s just something i really like about this. the pop of turquiose on the barn door, the sweet gift from all those years ago, or the creepy elf-i love them all! my sister in law just started the elf on the shelf, and i’ve been helping her come up with ideas on where to stick him.

18. Lauren M. says:

I LOVE the barn door and star hanging in front of it! Such an eye catcher!

Myers Maison

19. tara says:

love your mantle…just beautiful.

20. Love the handmade barn door as the backdrop. The color scheme is unique as well. Nice!

21. Chrys says:

Very welcoming!

22. Love the barn door! So incredibly cute! And the star makes it shine! (both figuratively and literally! hee hee)