round mirror inspiration

Hey you wonderful people! So, today’s topic has a little eye candy for you. I’ve been drooling over round mirrors for some time. There’s something about the clean simplicity of this easy shape that really just makes the space. Whether over your fireplace, in a bathroom, over a bed, a window seat, in a hallway…on the ceiling…on a bus…in a box with a fox…{What? That’s right. Just checking to see if you guys are reading.} The possibilities are endless. And the simple, eye-drawing spherical shape is oh so clean and classic. So I rounded up some of my faves to give you guys a little eye candy today.

I love the touch of simplicity with big bursts of color.

Um, I am SO filing that wall treatment away for later.

A unique approach to the dining room.

lovely

yes, please.

I don’t know about you guys, but copper is one of my very faves.

love this for a look in a nursery.

I adore this one.

This room is so sophisticated, it could pass for a hotel. But I do love that mirror.

This is a whole different kind of look, but fun in it’s own right.

This one is so huge, I’d love to know where on earth it came from.

via

I’ve probably shown this photo about five times by now. I’ve been in love with that mirror forever.

Annnnddd…maybe I’m just not cultured enough, but I have absolutely no idea what that is on top of that mantel. Did the maid leave her duster out? Toilet brush? A horse whip?

via

Is this not one of the most splendid bathrooms you’ve ever seen?

via

via

viaI adore this approach. It might be the DIY version. Aren’t those restoration hardware?

via

This mirror + that dresser = awesome.

via

via

And that about wraps it up! Do you guys have round mirrors in your home? Do you use it anywhere unexpected? Where did you find it? Hoping all of you have a fun + safe new years eve! ;}

This entry was posted in eye candy and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to round mirror inspiration

1. Jessica Anderson says:

We have a big one in our dining room and I love it!

2. Rasonda says:

We have one in our bathroom and I love it. Love this post as well. So glad you are back in full force!

3. Becky says:

I love the ones that are hanging by ropes and cords. We have two round mirrors and it would be fun to add something like that (even if it were just for looks and not really structural!) Thanks for the inspiration and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4. ellen patton says:

I had already pinned/seen a few of these photos. I keep hoping to find a neat old round mirror in an antique shop!

5. Kathy says:

I don’t have any-but after looking at these beautiful pictures I sure do want some!

6. jenni Horne says:

A round mirror is fairy tale like. I suppose that’s why we girlies are drawn to them!

7. Oh I love all of these! What great inspiration. I don’t know why but the fifth one down makes me feel like I’m sitting on a tropical island. That makes me happy!

Happy Day!

Amanda

8. Tyrene says:

The mirror that is used with the description “this approch”… I’m wondering how you would make that gorgeous mirror, DYI? I’m due for a bathroom redo, and would love to try to make one myself…any ideas? Love the simplicity if it!

• Well, I was thinking along the lines of, depending on the size, you could cut the shapes and
      Piece them together to frame them out. Or, surround it with planks, and literally cut a hole in the middle so that the planks are facing horizontally and framing it out. Just a few ideas, but it would look incredible in a bathroom!

9. Marisa says:

These are gorgeous! I love that they are emphasized to be a real focal point. I’ve had a plain Jane square mirror sitting in the closet for years because I can’t figure out a good way to display it. Any suggestions for a square mirror?

10. Elizabeth says:

I have a beautiful old round mirror that belonged to my great-grandmother, and I love it! I’ve had it since I was probably 10 (I’m 27 now) and it’s been in various locations in each home I’ve lived in. It’s got a great patina on the glass. It’s currently on the floor in my room because I’m not sure where to put it since I keep rearranging my house. It also weighs about a million pounds. :)

11. Shannon R says:

I have one in our dinning room that is 4 feet in diameter. It’s awesome and I love it!! I also got it for a STEAL at a yard sale, $45, chap-ching. The lady said it came out of an old department store here in B’ham.

12. Laura says:

I just got this one yesterday at Terrain: http://www.shopterrain.com/wall%2Ddecor/antiqued%2Dbird%2Dmirror//searchString/bird%20mirror

Can’t wait to hang it in our new house! :)

13. Julie Smith says:

I love your blog! The round mirrors are great,inspiring pics as always. Check out my little blog in Canada sometime!

14. Lauren H says:

I believe that it is a large calligraphy brush http://www.pagodared.com/public_tearsheet.php?item_id=6650

A shop around town sells them, I personally dont care for them!

15. Jenn says:

This just gave me such an AWESOME idea for some old “junk” I have lying around. Thanks for the inspiration!

16. Pingback: Round Mirrors for the New Year | Harmony Interiors

17. Amber Rohling says:

I had just been searching for round mirrors on craigslist and etsy then decided to look at your website. Haha, love the post.

18. ellen patton says:

Me again. I found a round beveled mirror in an antique shop in Newburyport, MA today! Hooray!!

19. Pingback: Round Mirrors Boast Beautiful Simplicity — Pamela Hastings Interiors Inc

20. Pingback: dream home dreaming | little dutch wife

21. Kaitlin ray says:

Amazing collection I love round mirrors. They create more of an interest that square ones don’t.