small spaces : children’s rooms

Hello fabulous people! So can you believe it? This is our seventh post on small spaces. that’s a lot of posts! Last week, we took a look at shared rooms for children and this week, we’ll be covering children’s rooms in general. I’m limiting myself, because I could come up with about seven more posts alone on children’s spaces…and all of you would be all, rolling your eyes and banging your heads on your keyboards. But they’re my very favorite so I’ll try to scale it back a bit. So today, sit back, relax, and enjoy the eye candy.

Obligatory disclaimer: space is all relative, isn’t it? Some of these rooms probably aren’t as tiny as we’d expect…but they all still had something in common: I found them to be packed full of great decor ideas, clever use of space, awesome styling, or a little bit of all of the above. This is more of a wide angled lens view for inspiration, if you will.

Oh, how I do love that red bed!

via

Round mirror alert! not so sure this is a child’s space, but I do love the transitional feel it has to be completely flexible!

I adore this color match up

via

Both of these rooms are from the same home

And they’re absolutely adorable.

Nice, soft and sweet!

via

The built in effects of the bed and bookcase along with that giant print give the room a lofty feel. The ceiling certainly helps, but in a small space, it works, it can be pulled off without it.

via

Unexpected bold prints in a small space can actually work wonders.

via

I know we talked about shared spaces last week, but I couldn’t resist sharing these platform beds.

A great idea for seating!

via found via

via

I adore the combination of those stripes with this fabric!

via

I know you’ve probably seen this. But it has to be one of my favorites.

via

You know when you see a space and it totally speaks to you? This is one of those spaces I keep coming back to, and drooling over staring at. The most amazing nursery in the whole entire world that I absolutely adore found via

via

Gotta love that yellow bed!

via

I’ve loved this nursery for a very long time. If I lived near them, I would most definitely steal that dresser.

via

And because I’m biased…some more of my favorite smaller children’s rooms:

check out baby Katherine’s nursery, here.

Peyton’s room, here

And Emerson’s big gal room, here.

So, there it is. A nice little eye candy kind of round up for this fabulous friday. Any of you guys ‘surviving’ with your children in ‘small’ spaces? I have to say, I think this size is kind of the norm for those extra bedrooms. What are some of the best elements that you’ve found really work for you? Happy inspired day, everyone!

This entry was posted in eye candy, small spaces and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to small spaces : children’s rooms

1. Shaunna says:

loved this post–and you’re right. That nursery is amazing..one of my all-time faves, too.
    xoxo,
    shaunna

2. I love kids spaces so much! I’m working on an update for my kids’ shared room and these are all really helpful ideas! I’ve made my daughter this quilt as a starting point: http://www.etsy.com/listing/92752603/sunny-day-twin-size-art-quilt

Have you seen the redesigned big girl room Julie at Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss just posted? It’s SUPER cute!

3. These are GREAT! Just went on a Pinning frenzy! ;) Happy Friday!

4. So many beautiful rooms for so many lucky children! I loved a few of them, but the first one to catch my eye, was the third image down. Soft and blue and dreamy perfection!

Smiles,
    Lesli @ BeautifullyCoastal.com

5. Tennille says:

OMGoodness! I need so much more color in my life. The two rooms for the same house with the chevron curtains…beautiful. I could sit and drool over every square inch. It’s so inspiring to see how others seem to decorate so haphazardly with color but make it work in such a simultaneously calm and exciting way. I need to take more risks in my home and kids’ rooms especially. Thanks again for encouraging us to be brave. As my bestie would say “Go big or go him!” PS That first pic with the red bed is from Style at Home…I think. I’ve loved it forever. It was part of the inspiration for my son’s room. I noticed the letter cards on the wall. They have a similar vibe to yours except more vintagey. I wonder what yours would look like printed on kraft paper or tea stained? or just wiped with a dark wood stain. Hmmm, I just might have to try it. happy weekend.

6. Ah they are so much fun! Love kids rooms. There is inspiration overload here!!!

7. Ruth says:

My goodness me!! What inspiration there! I am currently looking for ideas for my girls rooms so thank you!

8. Gorgeous rooms!! Now I want to redo my kids rooms… thanks a lot! ;) xo

9. The inspiration is amazing! Love decorating children’s rooms!

10. Jami Nato says:

gahhhhhh….so cute. i can’t handle it.

11. Shelley says:

What a great grouping of rooms! SO much inspiration here. I JUST finished my daughter’s big girl room, and after seeing all of these beauties it makes me want to do another kid’s room. Of course, we only have the one so it looks like we need to get crack-a-lackin :D

12. Pingback: Birch + Bird Vintage Home Interiors » Blog Archive » From a Certain Angle…

13. danielle says:

So many fabulous rooms…now I want to change things up and add some color!

14. In modern business it’s not at all the crook that is to be feared most, oahu is the honest man who doesn’t know what he could be doing.
    Try, try, try, and make on trying is the rule that must definitely be followed to become a specialist in anything.

15. ashley says:

I am planning on having a second baby and they will be sharing a room. I was planning on getting toddler bed ( minnen from ikea) and painted yellow and add some teal bedding with owl pillows. Only issue is that one wall i have windows which are not well insulated and other wall is full of mirror closet. I have two walls to work with.e

16. Shannon Dixon says:

Hello! We have a four year old with baby on the way. Our house is small with 2 br and 1 bath. Currently we are looking into getting a bunkbed but our space is limited. Do you have any ideas for both kids to share the same room. I don’t want to overwhelm our 4 yr old with baby stuff and we know that baby will not need a lot in the first few months. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• Hi Shannon! We wrote a post on some shared children’s spaces that we love here or see what we did with our boys’ room here {it shows the transitions for that in-the-meantime phase, as well.} I hope that helps with some inspiration and more ideas! Congrats on your soon to be new addition!