a very merry christmas

Hello to all of our wonderful friends! We truly hope this post today finds you blessed and having a very merry Christmas with your loved ones!

Today, we thought we’d keep it short and sweet, but we did have to pop in and say hello. And… conclude a little unfinished business.

Remember this month when we were all, Elf on the SHELF!?

We had good intentions. At first we were all…

all_the_things

via

And then we were all…

elf_on_a_shelf

via

We honestly ran out of time to share some of our little love affair with all of you. But we had a very important update to bring…

elf_on_the_shelf_idea

When they weren’t zip lining or flipping our furniture, Gindy and Rose hit it off and were quite the mischievous pair. They enjoyed a good date… and a lot of trouble.

elf_on_the_shelf_inspiration

We were pretty sure he proposed… and that she said yes.
elf_on_the_shelf_proposal

But we were quite surprised when we woke up yesterday morning to find Gindy’s grand finale of a trouble making elf’s calling card…

elf_on_the_shelf_inspiration_2

And this. Apparently there was a wild post elvin marriage celebration at our home in the middle of the night.

Emerson asked if this meant they would have elf babies.

We said maybe next year. {?!?!} All in the name of a little childhood fun, right?

I’m pretty sure the only thing creepier than these guys, is the place where they are actually made.

Uh, I mean born. Until next year, Gindy and Rose… Congratulations!

xmascardback

Here’s to wishing you and yours an incredibly Merry Christmas. Much love to you all!

xmascardfront_

This entry was posted in confessions and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Responses to a very merry christmas

1. Oh man, I just love seeing everyone’s elf on a shelf fun! So creative!

2. Tanya says:

I love it! What a wonderful, fun post to read this morning. Merry Christmas & hugs

xoxo, Tanya

3. Patty Page says:

Glad they tied the knot! I love your kids matching PJ’s!

4. Merry Christmas, sweet friend!!!!! Love your elfy ideas. I am SO with the lady in the second picture…. oh, dear. Your kids are the very picture of adorableness.

5. Sandy says:

That is just too cute!!

6. Layla K says:

Those memes are hysterical! Love. I have the same sentiments!

7. Jenna says:

Ain’t nobody got time for that-SO true! We could barely keep up with our elf this year! Too cute. Merry Christmas to you!

8. Anna says:

Those PJs are adorable. Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday!

9. Joy F. says:

Have you seen the remix of that meme? It’s amazing. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

10. Ali Langer says:

Elves on the Shelf are so creepy! They scare me. I’m glad I’m not the only one! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

11. Emily Grangston says:

Gindy, Rose & the whole family are adorable. (Pssst… the elves scare me too) Merry Christmas!

12. Emma J says:

Hysterical. Nope. No time for that! So cute!

13. Susan says:

We have a beautiful little neighbor girl & every time I have seen
    Her for several weeks, she has her elf on the shelf with her.

She & her Mother brought some Christmas gifts over & she
    Said the elf wrapped them, so I don’t know……xx

14. Ok, I am snort-laughing over the guy with the match AND the whole “ain’t got time for that…” Oh, mercy. 😀 Yes, yes and yes. If it weren’t for my sweet hub’s persistence and nightly reminders of “What about Tinsel?”, it would have been game over. However, our little one is such a believer and the anticipation had her rising each morning before school VOLUNTARILY, which was quite nice. Man, I’m gonna miss those days.
    Happy New Year, all the way from Tuscaloosa! ;0)

• Ha! Too funny! Yes, every night I would forget, and hit my wall. I would be all, ‘Jamin, it’s up to you’ right before I crashed. He loved having the heavy responsibility sloughed off on him. When I hit my wall, I hit my wall. ;}

15. Laura Jones says:

Next year should include the wedding. Each night could feature different aspects of the wedding and reception. :-)

16. Charron Ann says:

Merry Christmas to you! I agree, the little elves are too creppy for me..

17. Tammy says:

What cha know about that “Ain’t nobody got time for that.” Isn’t she the funniest. I laugh still. But I hope her bronchitis is under control.

18. How fun to have a pair of elves! Clever and creative;)

19. Jen says:

I hope all you darling peeps had a very Merry Christmas! And cheers to the sweetest, most creative mommy around! 😉

xo,