25 last minute ideas for easter.

If you guys remember this post from Christmas, then you probably know by now, that I’m pretty good and letting this kinda stuff sneak up on me. It’s like I know it’s coming, and then it smacks me in the face, with all the little things I have left to finish.

If you’re anything like me, you get a little caught up in all the every day things, and then you’re all, Blessed horror that is all things Martha Stewart panic attacks! Easter is supposed to be here in three days and I have Not a single ANYTHING to show for it! So you find yourself pummeling the aisles of Wally World and mingling with the other slacker parents, when suddenly you may or may not be passive aggressively elbowing someone else out of the way for the last package of Cadbury Eggs. Is this a southern spazoid thing, or is everyone like this? My greatest fear, you know, is that it’s just me.

And meanwhile…in childhood…

This is what happens when I try too hard. So while I realize that seatus is probably a completely made up word, in the grand spirit that is the last minute, and flying by it, here are a few great fun + easy activities to do with, and for your kids for Easter. Hurray for the completely overwhelmed slackers!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Yes, I unabashedly included a few of our own stuff in there, because we may be making our own version of a thankful Easter tree. And, while we’re on the subject of making things, those egg shaped Rice Krispie treats make me wonder why on earth I hadn’t thought of them before. Some of these projects are super fun once all the Easter Bunny hooplah has come and gone!

Any particular traditions you guys practice now with your families? Spill it! And let me know if you’ve tried any of the above! Happy inspired Easter procrastination day, everyone!

This entry was posted in eye candy and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to 25 last minute ideas for easter.

1. Catherine says:

We fly by our seats almost every year unfortunately! One year we had to buy Easter candy at the gas station….. sigh. I am actually prepared this year, though!! Thanks for sharing all of those great projects with us.

2. Jenn says:

This is the first year I have actually grabbed some stuff an entire week before Easter–I’m so impressed with myself ; ) But I’m hosting Easter dinner, so I’m sure plenty of last minute chaos will ensue–it’s just the way I roll :D And I just have to say, that is one ADORABLE bunny :D Happy procrastinating.

3. I just realized that all my Easter gift embroidery patterns are untouched! Yikes…good thing I have tomorrow off.
    PS-your bunny in the swing photo made me spit out my tea…hilarious!

4. Betsy Cherepko says:

We live by the last minute around here…it is the greatest motivation! I’ve had Malone’s Artwork up in my browser for almost a week now. I plan on printing it out tomorrow for a cute spring/Easter display for my family…I know my girls will love them! Definitely should have made the list. And thank you for all your awesome designs…I love them!

5. Sandra says:

The “saying” made me laugh…it’s so true! It feels too early for Easter!

6. Karen says:

So………. I find myself as one of those “completely overwhelmed” folks….. Easter is usually at my husband’s parents. Well, this year his mom is just getting home from an unexpected hospital stay. So, I am hosting Easter for the first time. It was supposed to be his parents, siblings and our children and grandchildren. Turns out it is ME and our children and grandchildren. I wanted to do something for the 9 grandkids who will be here (out of 15) and came across this! HURRAH! I am so doing the paper cup bunnies for the 6 older children (the three babies don’t need candy!) THANK YOU for sharing this!

7. CraftyAlien says:

Found this on Pinterest! Thanks!

8. Deanna Yeo says:

Tq. For those wonderful crafts n ideas! I love them very much! Again thks. For sharing…..

9. Perdita says:

Ours is decorating a cake with *too many* fluffy mini-chicks. It ends up looking like some free range farm.

10. connie says:

Hi, I just found your blog and found it wonderful. I tried looking at the directions for 24 and it says I have not been invited to read your blog

11. Pingback: Thursday Inspiration & Link Love | Jade Laughs A Lot

12. I love the easter picture of the baby wearing bunny costume. The picture says I hate my life. Do you know where I can purchase that costume. I would love one for my granddaughter.

13. Pingback: Time to Catch up to Easter | TheFableists