happy 2nd birthday, malone!

On this day, at 12:08 p.m. 2 years ago, the sweetest little boy was born.

To think that I cried. And pitched an all out round of fits, when I took that pregnancy test, and went into a round of we-can’t-possibly-do-this-itis, still puts me in awe.

To think that I kept him a surprise, all the way to the end, but said I wanted a girl, and then fell instantly in love with the way this little bundle grabbed my heart for the third time around…Is a constant reminder that God always knows what he’s doing.

So today, to look back at these photos…to think of the way he smelled, sighed, breathed, and slept in those first few days kinda breaks my heart.

In a good way. It all goes by, way too fast.

To see Jamin’s take on the entire event, and read all things birth-day read here.

This morning, we celebrated with a Mills Family Tradition. Birthday Pancakes!

This is his ‘teased’ face. The more teased, the more nose pickin’. The finger just gradually disappears into his nostril. All the way up to the knuckle, where I find myself giggling incessantly and telling him to stop.

Jamin and I completely adore our sweet, chandelier swingin’ little man. Happy wonderful birthday, Malone!

One of the three most incredible gifts I’ve ever received!

This entry was posted in photo momento and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to happy 2nd birthday, malone!

1. Donna Hilyard says:

SO precious! What a sweet little man, indeed. Happy Birthday, Malone!

2. Laura says:

Awww, happy birthday Malone!! It DOES go by too fast!

3. heyruthie says:

my 4th turned 2 on Saturday–just 4 days ago. the pregnancy was a surprise, and I was also very scared about #4. i found out i was pg a week after my husband lost his job. but she has been a blessing! she arrived like a house ‘a fire in the bathroom the morning of July 9, while my husband was in the backyard with the other children; before we could even leave for the hospital. she has been a surprise a minute ever since. i am so happy we have her! enjoy!

4. Christina says:

Happy Birthday to your little man! He’s got gorgeous blue eyes!
    I’m loving his newborn pictures! Just precious.
    xoxo

5. Dorothy says:

Oh, so sweet and sooooo very darling. And I can never resist those precious adorable sweet little “space alien” newborns… love love love. Happy birthday to all of you. XO

6. I wanna celebrate a bday at YOUR house! How precious. Just so you know you’re not alone, my youngest (my 3rd) was a HUGE surprise and I spent the first 4 months of the pregnancy in tears. He’s been one of the lights of my life for the past 13 years. God totally knows what he’s doing. :)
    Bday blessings to Malone!

7. Amy says:

Happy Birthday to your sweet little boy! When I got pregnant I really wanted a little girl (what was I supposed to do with a boy!?!), and now I can’t imagine not having my little guy!

8. Amy says:

Congratulations on your beautiful family!
    I love the birthday pancakes,. So festive. I think I might surprise my hubby with these on his upcoming birthday. Thanks for sharing!

9. thanks guys! he is a sweet lil man for sure! ;)

10. Grace says:

Hi, I was wondering what kind of sprinkles you used, are they sugar crystals?
    Thanks.