lunch box love letters

lunchbox_notesWhen I was little, my mom would put notes in my lunchbox.

love_letters

Always super simple with funny faces on them, saying something simple like “have a good day” or “I love you!”

I guess my main love language is words of affirmation. And so far, I’m not sure that this matters so much to my kiddos as much as the funny faces part. One day, it might. And when they’re older …Then they may even hide it from their friends.

I want them to know, when they open their lunch box in the middle of  a crazy day at school, that I love them.

heart_stationeryIt’s the little things.

So I put together some quick watercolor stationery to share with all of your littles… from their lunch boxes to their backpacks, or even hidden in their sock drawer to find later.

I asked Malone what kind of notes he would like to get, and he said “Dinosaurs!” Thus the rando, slightly cheesy assortment of fun little notecards you can use for your kiddos.

dinosaur_stationery

You never know when it may brighten their day. Want these? Simply go to our freebies page and look for ‘lunch box love letters’ (with the description beside it). Click, download, print, and spread the love.

lunchtime_love_lettersThese little puppies print out at a 5 x 5 – the perfect size for a simple, one of a kind little love letter! As always, let us know if you use them!

To see the rest of our freebies series, click here!

Are little notes a tradition you do with your children? What kind of treats were special to you growing up? We would love to hear what you do with your kids and loved ones. Have an inspired day, y’all!

This entry was posted in for kids, freebies and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to lunch box love letters

1. victoria g says:

These are so darn cute. I’ll use them for notes to my hubby, haha. Is there a good option for printing when you don’t have a home printer? Like how you order photo prints online, is there a comparable way with paperish products?? Thanks again for something so fun!!

2. Brittany says:

I’m so excited for these! I’ve been on the lookout for some cute little notepads to write notes for my daughter’s lunches. She will absolutely love them–she always enjoys getting notes in her lunches and last year she saved all of them. So sweet :) Thank you!

3. Mindy says:

I think I started inserting notes when our daughter was having a rough year in middle school. Those hard times passed and the notes morphed into inspirational quote, a sentence or two from a classic book or a scripture verse written on the outside of her lunch bag. It wasn’t mushy (so I didn’t have to hide it inside) and her friends enjoyed seeing what was on the bag and discussing it too.

4. Melanie says:

These are the greatest ideas to help transition into the back to school routine . A cheery pick up for the little ones and bigger kids too . Smile-worthy.

5. Tamie says:

So cute! Can’t wait to print them! Thanks for all your hard work!

6. Too adorable for any word but Rawr!

7. Kym V. says:

Ummm these are adorable!!! I don’t have kiddos yet (hopefully soon) but best believing I will be using these maybe for my nephews :-)

8. Pingback: Links Worth Sharing - Week of August 24, 2013 - Simply Frugal

9. Fiona says:

Such a great idea! That will be the beginning of a lovely tradition! I’m sure my daughter would love it! Thank you!

10. Melynda says:

Going to print them tomorrow! We started last week but I hadn’t found a new set of notes. I try to do this on and off because like you, it matters to me! I find writing on large marshmallows w/ food markers make my notes rather well received. sometimes I just draw a funny face on that ‘mallow & leave it at that. thanks for the lunch notes!

11. Pingback: our very favorites in the history of ever {august 2014} | the handmade home