DIY : a handmade patchwork lumbar pillow

updated: see the entire post, with tutorial + fabric sources, here!

I’ve really been loving all these dramatic, long, super comfy looking lumbar pillows I’ve been eyeing everywhere lately.

via the nester-with even more inspirational photos…

LOVE this via Emily Clark…

whether its on a sofa, a bed…or even on the floor-these guys look super comfy.

this bed = swoonage

these colors = more swoonage

I want to run and jump on this sofa…Its official. I’m going for slipcovered. But that’s another story.

what a cute little man. (Nothing sweeter than kiddos in their PJs.)

I showed you all those fun photos, to give you a little sneak peek of what I’ve been up to lately. I decided it was time to up the ante on our bedding situation in terms of shots of color for the summer. But I wanted to challenge myself with materials. So I used only pillows that already existed in my home, and fabric I already had on hand from other projects.

The only thing I purchased = a body pillow for the filler. Total {relative} cost : 20 dollars. I must say, it’s so comfy, I could very easily slip into lumbar-constructed-from-body-pillow-overload. I’ll go missing, and a year later they’ll find me. Buried in lumber pillow heaven. Just sayin’. Does this pillow look a little familiar? It’s like a giant version of one we kind of already did…{see fun post with Layla, here.}

Want to see how I made it? I’m over at the wonderful blog Me Sew Crazy today, talking about my process with a step by step on how I brought this little guy to life. Be sure to click on over and check it all out, along with the other fun bloggers who have been over there sharing their cool projects this month! They all are certainly inspiring.

Happy wonderful Friday, everyone!

updated: see the entire post, with tutorial + fabric sources, here!

This entry was posted in greatest hits : sneak peek, sneak peek and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Responses to DIY : a handmade patchwork lumbar pillow

1. Shirley L says:

I love it! The colors are beautiful and really adds to your bedding :)

2. Krista says:

You are amazing! I read EVERYTHING you put on here and I am just amazed. I only have one baby and don’t know how you manage to find the time to do all of this. Totally impressed and completely jealous of your kitchen. Confession: I am planning to use some of the inspiration I’ve found from your site for my dining room. I promise to send pictures.

3. Kara says:

Those fabrics are so yummy. Everything you do is so inspiring. I’m adding a lumbar pillow to my ginormous to-do-list.

4. Suzy says:

I love your pillow! You used so many of favorite fabrics. I really like all of your bedding. The light blue/turquoise color is beautiful!

5. louise says:

Your pillow is beautiful! It’s funny, we just got two of these pillows for our beachhouse. The front porch has a twin bed/daybed on it, so we added these. They are so ugly, so I need to make new covers. But I had no idea how stylish they could be! Cool!

6. April says:

LOVE the colors on this!

7. Laura says:

Can I please just transpose your bedroom into my house? Thanks.

8. Suzanne says:

I tried to find your tutorial on your (gorgeous!) lumbar pillow on Me Sew Crazy and I couldn’t!

9. jaime says:

This looks like a great solution to my throw pillow dilemma for our bed. Thanks!!

10. Kate says:

This looks beautiful! Can you share where the fabric is from??

11. I love lumbar pillows! I have them all over my house!

12. Ashley says:

Love it! Where did you find the pillow insert? I think this would be the perfect pillow for my church pew!