handmade savvy saturday

Happy Handmade Savvy Saturday, y’all! Whether you’re getting geared up for some football fun, or relaxing with the fam we hope you enjoy your ultra long weekend! We’re back with another installation of handmade savvy saturday.

awesome-art

You’ve probably seen this, but we’re obsessed. We love Hemingway! Via Gina @ The Shabby Creek Cottage.

DIY-gold-leaf-feathers

I’m loving all the cool feathers I’m seeing out there. Just wait til you hop on over and see how she styled it on her fab table… via Bliss At Home.

How-To-Iron-Wide-Width-Fabric-Makely-Home

This may be the singlemost smartest thing I’ve ever seen. Ever. Via Lindsay @ Makely Home. Like, Duh.

little_teepee

Click on over for more adorable pics… another fab version of our super fun Teepee via when love grows … I love it!

hideaway1

Also, some readers are doing some preeeeetty cool submissions over in our Reader’s Gallery! We love nothing more. Be sure to check it out! + Share some of your own. We want to see what you’re up to!

IMG_2915 readers_gallery

china_cabinet_shoe_storage

Finally… I keep seeing ideas like this, and I have a china cabinet sitting in my garage right now… would you use one for your shoe storage? I’m pretty sure my southern cohorts would never approve of such sacrilege. Good thing I’m a rule-breaker! ;} What’s your vote?

Have an inspired day, y’all!

This entry was posted in handmade savvy saturday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to handmade savvy saturday

1. Donna Burkle says:

I would not use it for shoes, but I have somany other things I could use it for. I collect pigs, so all my pigs would go in it! LOL! I like taht star on top of the cabinet! Where can I get some of those?

2. Sonja says:

Wishing I had an extra china cabinet….or two…maybe more would be necessary! I certainly would put my shoes in them! And yes, I have more than a couple pair of shoes! :-)

3. I am loving the china hutch for shoe storage! Especially for all those stylish chics that have a ton of gorgeous heels to show off. Unfortunately, that’s not me…my feet can’t take the pain. But I still drool over beautiful shoes anyway.

4. OMG! I love the china cabinet as a shoe storage! Looks fantastic!

5. Rosalind says:

I would love to have a dressing room or huge closet and put a couple of china cabinets in there for my shoes, bags, and maybe some sweaters.

6. Nicole W. says:

I would, but only if I had a ton of cute shoes like those…which I don’t, lol.

7. Emily Bennett says:

I have a bookcase with glass doors that houses my shoes. I love it. It makes me feel so glamorous!!

8. Mindy says:

Somes shoes ARE works of art so I say go for it! I have a couple pairs that are much more fun to look at than to wear…

9. GumTreeGirl says:

I say do it. Use that china cabinet however you want. Anything is better for it then being in furniture purgatory(the garage). I have one right now in my kitchen that is holding my dry baking goods, but one day when we move out of our apartment it will hold some of my many books.

10. Amber says:

I think using a china cabinet for shoe storage is a great idea, but only if you have so many cute shoes like these. :)

11. Debra Schramm says:

I would definitely use a china cabinet for she storage. As a matter of fact I’m going to look for a china cabinet just for that purpose!

12. I love that shoe cabinet image but my shoes aren’t cool enough to make the cut for display. If your are, I say go for it.