alphabet sewing card printables

Lately, Malone (our youngest) has been asking for some fresh flash cards for the alphabet. You can see our first ones here, and while they were intended for decoration, I realized we could spiff them up a bit to have a bit of a multifunctional purpose. These are the first set, remixed a bit, if you will.

It’s a bit of the old, mixed in with the new.

These are super large for little hands, work with the whole phonics thing {something I realized since we started homeschooling – (duh) we needed working cards}.

I also thought we could go ahead and use a few unexpected words in the  mix with our sight word recognition…

Another bonus? These little guys can also serve as sewing cards.

I loved these as a kid, and thought it would be a great chance to hone in on our fine motor skills, as well.

With a touch of style, of course. ;}

We just took a little embroidery thread in fun, contrasting colors and a play needle, printed out the cards on card stock {I pre-poked the holes with a real pin} and Tada!

Sewing card fun.

You can go all the way around to “trace” the letter, or get a little crazy just like we did.

Emerson is a little obsessed with the sewing part, and it’s a great way to keep exposing her to those words and sounds!

Malone is one happy customer.

Oh, and Ps. You can totally have them, too.

Whether you use them as actual tools with your children, or just for fun decor… we hope you enjoy these little creations for your sweet littles. The possibilities are kinda endless!

lettersJust click here to download… {A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z,} and as always, let us know if you use them!

These illustrations are one hundred percent original creations by The Handmade Home, made in illustrator. The files are all separate, available as PDFs. We recommend an 8 x 10 design printed on card stock.

Have an inspired day!

This entry was posted in freebies, home school and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Responses to alphabet sewing card printables

1. Karen fulner says:

I am 67 years young and I love your website, your creative ideas, your love of family, your faithfulness in posting daily. You start my day! Thank you.

2. Mindy says:

I just LOVE these! I remember my Grandma giving me some of these when I was little and I would sew for hours. She later did teach me to sew, first by hand and then with machine, as well as iron. Maybe one day I will have a grandchild to share your cards with…

3. Kay says:

These are amazing! Thank you so much!

4. Tanya says:

Oh these are so awesome!! Pinning – xo

5. deb says:

Thanks so much; these look great! I hope to use these in my kids’ rooms and possibly also in our church nursery!

6. Tennille Mykula says:

I totally love these! And the added bonus of the sewing option is so smart. I have several prego friends who would love these. I think I’ll get to printing them right away. Thanks for another great freebie. Question: have you ever considered doing a bible version of these? Maybe a praise word for each letter, or the fruits of the spirit would be fun. Just a thought.

• Tennille Mykula says:

hey, just had another thought… You know how you can add a fliter to a picture in instagram so that your picture looks like it was taken in the 70’s? I wonder if you could apply a similar look to these cards so they looked aged/vintage but without the old, musty, basement smell 😉

7. Angela says:

These are adorable!

8. Kim says:

Would I be able to send these to someplace like Persnickety Prints and have them printed? Would there be a copy right problem? Thank you!

9. Jennifer says:

LOVE!!!! the prints. Thanks for all your time and effort to create these and make them available for all to enjoy.

10. Melissa says:

These are so adorable! Do you know where I could have these printed on card stock? Thanks in advance : )

11. Karen Ganon says:

I am so excited by this idea. I downloaded every letter for my third graders do make their initial. (I can also use them for a word wall.) The graphics are so adorable. I so love the owls and the zipper!

12. Bethany Baker says:

Thank you very much! These will be perfect for the playroom! So cute!

13. Kathy says:

These are phenomenal! Thank you for sharing them

14. Iryna says:

Very nice pictures!

15. ani p says:

Thank you so much for this beautiful alphabet. Thank you for sharing your gift with others. Your blog is wonderful and I will come back often :)