font snob club : 25 more fun fonts {January 2013}

Updated: Hello wonderfuls! When these posts were made, these fonts were free. If they are not free now, please know this post is now older, so sites sometimes start charging. If it asks for a donation, you can choose your own amount so consider that as well. Thank you!

Dearest font snobs,

I was looking back at our last font snob club post, and I’m ashamed at how long it has been! With what I am purging in my life, I can certainly make up for in a little shameless digital font hoarding. I truly believe one can never have enough fun fonts in one’s life. fonts6

I guess the problem with being prezzy is finding fonts that are worthy to be admitted into our club. I kid. Not really.

Sorry not sorry.

But first, a little font nerd humor.

99_problemsvia

life's too short

Oh so true. And pretty. Via.

recipe_for_font_success

And a recipe for font success, here. Study it, friends.

{Die Curlz. Die.} Oh my. Did I just write that?fonts7-01 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Of course, they’re all free. Please take note of their terms of use, and when asked, feel free to donate to a hardworking artist! ;}

Have an inspired day!

[pinit]

This entry was posted in font snob. Bookmark the permalink.

[pinit]

20 Responses to font snob club : 25 more fun fonts {January 2013}

1. An excellent addition to the club. Thanks, Prez ;) I love “rochester” and “condensed french,” neither of which have I seen before. Great finds!

2. Chaney says:

I totally love this series! And your witty comments. I have to stifle my laughter when I read these posts at work. Thanks for the tips on new fonts. I’m a self-proclaimed font snob too! Can I join your club? Just let me know what the dues are, ha! :)

3. You can never have too many fonts…

4. Tiffany says:

Oooh! These are all good. I actually just did a font post on my blog too…first one in a long time!! http://www.at-altitude.com/free-fonts-for-2013 Happy Wednesday!

5. Emily says:

You always find the best fonts! Thank you for sharing!
    ♥ Emily

6. Kathryn says:

Another great list! Thanks for putting this together for us! Thanks also for the cleaning posts. My mom is a borderline hoarder (who is in the process of clearing out her junk) and I had her read it too and she really appreciated what you said! Thanks!

7. katie says:

Curlz and papyrus are both awful!! I have a “family established” sign that has our last name in vinyl done in papyrus and it’s hiding on a shelf somewhere waiting to be re-done. Serious dis-like!
    Thanks for the list of fun fonts!

8. Wendy says:

Thank you for the fabulous fonts! Do you have a font viewer downloaded that you really like? :)

9. Julie says:

Maybe I’m just computer illiterate when it comes to downloading fonts, but I’ve tried so hard to do it with absolutely NO luck. Could you possibly give any tips or directions? I’m using Windows Vista. Thanks! Love your blog!

10. Ayman says:

What a nice fonts, thanks for adding one font from fontm. I hope you can get more fonts from there in your next projects.

11. Rachel says:

Yes and yes. I love fonts. Glad to know I’m not the only one who’s kind-of picky about them. Haha and your font humor is hilarious.

12. Although I am purely an amateur in terms of design, I share many of your feelings about fonts. But I have no idea how to go about actually using these beautiful fonts that you feature. How do you actually download a font and start using it in an application? I’m a Mac user, but I’m just old enough to be a scaredy-cat when it comes to stuff like this. Do you know if anyone has written a basic tutorial for how to make use of pretty fonts? (Now I’ve humiliated myself, but maybe I’m not the only one who has no idea how to proceed. . . .)

• I could try to do a tutorial on this, but I only have a mac, and I feel like everyone’s computer is different based on their programs and it opens up a million questions that I probably can’t answer… but I can try if you really want me to! ;}

13. Moxie Lisa says:

From one font snob to another…thank you! ;)

14. Jami Nato says:

curls. lol. who uses that? honestly.

15. Jackie says:

Great list! Some of the fonts at losttype.com were not free though :( Not sure if that changed after you posted. They wanted at least a $5 donation!

16. Lisa says:

Wow! Great list of fonts! I can never have enough quality / free typefaces. I particularly like Oranienbaum. I’m not sure if you’ve checked it out, but I just joined http://type.is/good and the font community over there is really great and they have a lot of free fonts to try in addition to a lot of scrapbooking discussion!

Anyhow, thanks again for putting together this great collection of type!